Chesterton, Keynes, Morgan and Me

Cowboy Bob Sorensen, fundamentally flawed, Creation Magazine, Creation Ministries International, Dr. Jonathan Sarfati
Actually, it's spelled "s-E-n". 

Happens a lot.
A while ago, I received an e-mail from Creation Ministries International's Creation magazine asking permission to print a comment I sent them. Actually, I had forgotten about it. The letter quoted what I wrote, and I gave them the go-ahead.

It was in response to an editorial in Creation 35(4) by Dr. Jonathan Sarfati about G.K. Chesterton and "The Illogic of Anti-Creationism" (now available online). Chesterton noticed that "arguments" of misotheists against God were passionate and contradictory. These helped him come back to his faith. My printed comment was about when I was far from God and ignoring him for the most part, but obstreperous atheopaths and evolutionists actually helped spark my return to Christ while the Holy Spirit was working on my heart. When the letter was printed in Creation 36(1), I was glad to see it and moved on — I had Question Evolution Day taking up a lot of my time.

Later, Bob Enyart and Fred Williams were discussing that issue on "Real Science Radio". They brought up a short article on pages 8-9 where Laura Keynes, a direct descendant of Charles Darwin, was repelled by the vituperation of atheists in the Richard Dawkins camp. She became a theist. I was pleasantly startled to hear Bob refer to my article in that same magazine. He mentioned that my remarks were similar to her journey, that negativity played a part in my return to Christ and her conversion to theism.

Former Dawkinsite Richard Morgan was also put off by the modern atheists and their venom. Scottish pastor David Robertson was treated terribly by the hatetheists at the Dawkins site, and Morgan was compelled to look further. He is now a Christian.

The hate and rage that angry atheists spew may make them feel better, but they are just preaching to the choir — people agree with their "genius" and "you sure told him!" that have convincingly lied to themselves that God does not exist. Although claiming to be "rational", to believe in science and use logic, the reasoning power of these kinds of atheists is very weak indeed. Based more on emotion than reason, their fundamentally flawed "logic" easy to pick apart.


Insanity Wolf, Meme, Bible, The Question Evolution Project, Proverbs 1:7


People who are willing to engage in thought without the hatred, however, are not fooled for long by the ranting of christophobes. Since we are not just animated matter with minds and have a spiritual nature as well, people are finding out that God is real and at work to bring them to a saving knowledge of Jesus Christ.
And I, when I came to you, brothers, did not come proclaiming to you the testimony of God with lofty speech or wisdom. For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified. And I was with you in weakness and in fear and much trembling, and my speech and my message were not in plausible words of wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power, so that your faith might not rest in the wisdom of men but in the power of God. (1 Cor. 2.1-5, ESV)


For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools... (Rom. 1.18-22, ESV)
— Cowboy Bob Sorensen