More from the UP









The locals call the river the Blackwater river. You can see from the closeup that it looks like Bass Brown Ale flowing over the rocks, complete with foamy head. We caught a kayak club going over some of the falls and spotted all sorts of great rock formations. Some of the trails to get to the falls were very long and in some cases we simply walked down the river, occasionally finding a dry spot to rest.

It is pretty obvious that I need a great many trails to cut down on the belly! One of the best parts of that day was taking off my shoes and socks and getting almost knee-deep in the rushing river, like a cold sauna on a hot day! The landscape was wonderful and absolutely no one around but me and my family. The girls decided to join me but Nathan preferred further exploration to a foot soaking.